Sunday, May 8, 2011

2011 Season - Week 9

I had been on a roll recently but that stopped this week. I hope everyone gets a bad outing as I now have had my turn.

Our non-league game against Mater Dei Catholic on Tuesday (5/3) hadn’t been going well, with our starter giving up some runs early, and then I came in and didn’t do any better.

I got the first batter out with three pitches, but then struggled with a new ball that was given to me. It didn't seem like it had gotten the pre-game scuffing, and the ump wouldn't give me another one. Well, that slippery ball went into the side of the next batter, and it didn't get much better after that. At least I got out of the inning, but unfortunately the run tally didn’t stop after me either. Our bats nearly saved us in the late innings but we came up short.

Our league game against Morse High School on Thursday (5/5) was much more of a fiesta. We jumped ahead early, converting 16 hits into an eight run shut out.

My redemption outing came on Friday during an intrasquad scrimmage. I have a hard time with our bullpen mounds because they are low, so I was stoked to be throwing from our field’s mound during practice. My pitches looked great, particularly the curve that was ‘PlayStation’ like.

Hopefully I earned back some confidence from the coaches.