Saturday, May 14, 2011

2011 Season - Week 10

It was a busy week for Saints in the Eastern League. We had a game on Monday against Morse HS (5/9), then games against Patrick Henry HS on Tuesday and Thursday (5/10 and 12). We won all three games, and I can’t think of another more productive week for the offense than this one. Our bats accounted for nearly 12 runs a game, and strong pitching helped us manage a seven run margin in each game.

Our team has a lot of arms, and it is weeks like this that we can take advantage of this strength. My turn came in the first game against Patrick Henry. Lately my role has been to relieve the starter, and after starter Evan Crower cruised through five innings, my turn came in the sixth.

This may have been my best inning with my worst stuff. My location was too often low, and there were times my curve came in head high. But I battled. I struck out the first batter, but walked the second batter. Then after going 3-0 with the third batter, I struck him out and then got the fourth batter on a soft grounder to Austin Shives at second for the 4 to 3 out.

Here is video of the first strike out: