Saturday, April 2, 2011

Opportunity

I'm not going to lie - I was pretty disappointed not to pitch this week. And to make matters worse, after the Point Loma game on Friday (4/1), the coach told me and only two other guys that we had to come out on Saturday to pitch to a team from Minnesota that was in town for some practice.

But after thinking it over, I realized that every opportunity to throw was just that - an opportunity. So I remained positive and proceeded to blast through the out of towner's line-up for two innings.

I had been working on my arm angle lately, looking for a slot that felt good both when throwing and afterwards. And today it all came together. I felt I had great control, pitch speed seemed faster, and my curve was nasty.

I'm glad I took advantage of today's opportunity. I know when it comes to getting playing time, it's out of my control. I can only control what I can control, and today I felt I did.