Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Juggling

I feel really lucky to be working with two good teams right now. I usually don’t like doubling up, but fate intervened this time.

The San Diego Warriors are a new team, but the head coach and a lot of the players are people I have been with for a lot of years. The foundation of the team is from Cathedral Catholic High School, but there are players from some other schools too.

The San Diego Halos are also a new team, but its roots are from my school, St. Augustine High School. Everybody on the team is from Saints, which has typically not had an organized program in the fall for their JV/Varsity players. But now we do.

Both teams are playing in the San Diego Travel Baseball League, but for some reason they never play each other. Maybe saving the rivalry for the spring season, and saving me from deciding which team to play for.